Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Part 2 - going short in Photoshop

In the previous blog I wrote about Photoshop short cuts and how you can find your actual set of short cuts in Photoshop.

But Photoshop doesn't actually have short cuts for all your actions. Don't worry, you can easily make them yourself. How? Read on.... 

Go to your short cuts in the edit menu:

I bet you have some Photoshop actions you use all the time. If you ask me, it would be adding a Gaussion blur, sharpening a picture or adding a layer mask to your layer. For all those actions, you'll find no short cut so let's make some now. 

I'll use the Sharpen more function as example. Search for it in the menu on the left side (or the screen) and select it:
Now you can choose a (logical) short cut. I went with Cmd J. But this one is already in use so I got a warning:
You can either accept or decline the warning. In this case it's not a good idea to accept it so I tried another combination
This combination doesn't give a conflict so I went with it.

In the overview you can find your change.

I also created a short cut for Adding a mask to a layer.

Easy right? I advise you to make short cuts for your frequently used actions in Photoshop. It saves you loads of time! 


Don't forget to follow us on Facebook or 500px


And have you already discovered our brand new Facebook page Humans of the Nordic Region?




No comments:

Post a Comment