Tuesday, December 1, 2015

How to add trees in Photoshop

One of the hidden features in Photoshop is adding trees. 

Let's start with this image with one lonely tree. And I'm going to add one more tree in this scene. 

First thing to do is to add a new layer (so that I can move the tree into the picture).

The next step is to go to Filter > Render > Trees. 
A new screen appears where I can choose the tree I want.

There are loads of options. Just play around with it. 

One of the most important options is the light direction. I have to take a good look at my picture to see where the light is coming from and let the light come from the same direction on my new tree.

So yes, there's a forest of different trees to choose from: 

Pick a tree and design it the way you like and hit OK. I now have my new tree in my picture. 

I hit the V tool to move it to a better location. But the tree is way too big so I hit Cmd/Ctrl T to transform it (make it smaller).

Next step is to blend it into the landscape. I added some shadows and added some grass before the tree trunk.

There you have it! My lonely tree has a new friend! 



Don't forget to follow us on Facebook or 500px. And have you already discovered our brand new Facebook page Humans of the Nordic Region!

No comments:

Post a Comment