Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tutorial / Photoshop: patch tool

This post I want to talk about the content aware Patch tool in Photoshop. I think this is a pretty awesome tool. Let me show you why.

I took this picture a few years ago, during the Mudmasters event in Haarlem (Holland).
The guy in the yellow jacket is doing a great job. For the event. But not in my picture.

So I opened the picture in Lightroom for some quick editing.
After you've opened the picture in Lightroom, open the photo in Photoshop CC. With the Patch tool it is pretty easy to take the guy out of this picture.
Now is the time to select the guy in the yellow jacket. Hit enter. 

Find an area in the picture that fits. And hit enter again.  
Voila! The guy in the yellow jacket has disappeared from your picture!
I say, the result of this quick editing is not bad at all. It does need a little finetuning.
In this particular case I used the Clone Stamp Tool to remove the last parts of the yellow jacket.

And this is the end result. Not bad at all, I reckon!


No comments:

Post a Comment